Sunday, September 12, 2010

I had a disconcerting dream...

(Originally posted to Facebook on Sunday, September 5, 2010)

I had a really strange/creepy dream/nightmare. I dreamed that I awakened to hear a baby crying. I was in a dark house and I started running through doors and down hallways trying to find the baby, but I couldn't find it. The child's cries became more and more insistent, but no matter where I looked in the maze of corridors and rooms I couldn't find it. The I came to the end of the hallway and opened the door at the end I stopped suddenly because there was nothing there - just open air. It was like I was on the edge of a cliff because all I could see everywhere was sky and clouds. I've had dreams about babies crying before, but this was a new one. In my previous dreams, when I awaken to hear a baby crying I go into the baby's room and try to pick the child up. In one version of the dream, my arms go right through the child so I can't pick it up. In the other version of the dream I pick the child up but then it disappears.

It's weird. I spent a long time wanting a baby and trying unsuccessfully to have one, but now Leo and I are trying to adopt an older child. Maybe my subconscious is trying to tell me that I still want a baby. Maybe it's just because so many people around me are getting pregnant and having children while I'm not...

Who knows! I'm not a psychotherapist or a dream analyst - I just know it was creepy!

No comments: